Is Laser Eye Surgery Right for You?
There are many factors that play a role in your suitability for laser eye surgery. Your optometrist will conduct a thorough eye exam and assess your health history to determine if you are a good candidate.
In general, for most types of laser eye surgery, there are a few conditions that need to be met:
- You will need to be over the age of 18.
- Severe dry eye will need to be dealt with prior to surgery.
- Your current prescription must be stable.
- You should be free from active infection.
- Your overall general health should be good.
- Glaucoma and cataracts may make you ineligible.
To see if you are a candidate for laser eye surgery, and to explore which type of surgery might be best for you, book a consultation today.